Inappropriate behavior on the part of any one in attendance will not be tolerated. Any incidents requiring investigation by Historic Rural Hill / NCBMF staff and / or local law enforcement could result in expulsion from the camping area and Historic Rural Hill without refund of fees. The use of illegal substances or the consumption of hard liquor is not allowed and will be dealt with accordingly.
The campground is easy walking distance from the main festival grounds and complimentary shuttles are provided to help transport campers back and forth from the festival area throughout the day. Restrooms are available in the campground.
The land on which the NCBMF is presented is the property of Mecklenburg County yet managed by Historic Rural Hill. For that reason individuals and groups camping on the premises must follow requirements set by County Park and Recreation, as well as the rules of Historic Rural Hill. As of 2015, Pursuant to Mecklenburg County Ordinance, Rural Hill is now a tobacco-free zone. This includes both smoking, smokeless tobacco, e-cigarettes, vaporizers and other such devices.
The North Carolina Brewers and Music Festival’s campground is a certified NCBTCC zone. What does that mean? It means that the only beer allowed in our campground is North Carolina Beer That Comes in a Can. Why would you want to drink a cheaply produced watered down product from a giant corporation at one of the best celebrations of North Carolina craft brewing in the state? We don’t know either.
Notice how in the above paragraph we didn’t mention glass bottles? It’s because they’re not allowed. Neither is hard alcohol.
Rules and Regulations:
2. TRASH- There is a dumpster located near the entrance. Please use it. The alternative is to pack your trash out with you. If you keep your trash in your camp, please keep it covered. You will be in a nature preserve, there are plenty of raccoons, opossums, skunks, and coyotes in the area that would love to dine on your leftovers and in the process scatter them over most of the farm. Please practice Leave No Trace principles.
3. PORTABLE TOILETS-Portable toilets are conveniently located around the grounds.
4. WATER- There is an ample supply of water available. Hook up for RV’s and water access for the tent camping area. FIRST COME FIRST SERVE
5. ICE- Ice will be available on the festival grounds at $3.00 per 8 pound bag. You will be responsible for its transport from the festival grounds to the campground.
6. WAIVER- Make sure that you have signed a camping waiver and returned it to Historic Rural Hill staff.
7. NOISE-We know this is a beer and music festival, but please, no instrument playing, loud radios, or televisions after 1 a.m. on Saturday night.
8. Pets are NOT allowed at Historic Rural Hill during the NCBMF, this includes the campground.
9. If you have any questions about any of these guidelines, please ask for campground manager Eric Ferguson.